Carve a turkey
- Place the cooked turkey on a carving board. Remove the string tying the legs together.
- Cut through the skin that connects the breast and the drumstick. Slice down until you reach the joint. Grab the leg and push down, separating the leg and thigh from the bird. Separate the drumstick and the thigh by cutting through the joint that connects them. Transfer the drumstick to a platter. Find the wishbone at the front end of the breast and pull it out.
- Find the breastbone. Position knife on one side of it, and slice downward, as close to the bone as possible. As you slice, use your other hand to pull the meat away from the breastbone, until you’ve cut the breast off the carcass in one piece. Transfer to the cutting board.
- Remove the wings, then slice the thigh meat
- Slice the breast meat against the grain – try to keep the skin attached.