Sponsored Content: As a parent, if you are insistent on providing an educational opportunity that encompasses the Whole Heart of your child, we invite you to discover the gift of time that has been intentionally designed by Sovereign Grace Classical School.
Sovereign Grace Classical School is focused on instilling a love of learning in each student. We believe this innate desire should be fostered and nurtured as it is inherent in God’s design of human kind.
- SGCS focuses on student strengths and builds academic schedules around them.
- We promote the growth of life-long learning instead of teaching to the test.
- Courses are offered by academic level instead of age, which allows individually-paced progression. Students are also “shored” up where they need a little extra help passing other subjects.
- Our moderate tuition helps bring affordability to private education allowing the opportunity for families to have educational options.
SGCS Classical Christian Model:
- Nurturing the Heart
- Biblical Lens
- The Trivium:
Grammar School (PreK-6) focuses on memorization and recitation and is sited as best stage for this activity according to the latest brain research and education.
Logic School (7-8) teaches students how to think critically about the information stored in their brain.
Rhetoric School (9-12) puts an emphasis on verbal and written ability of a student’s thoughts. This is also a time for using this skill set to acquire college credit through our SGCS College Model.
- Bible Study
- Service Opportunities with Equine Therapy
- Core subjects, Latin, Spanish, Science in Nature, P.E., Art, Music, Swimming, Coffee Shop Book Club, Sign-language Choir, Speech Choir, and more.
SGCS Collegiate Model:
- Gives a 3 and 5 day option for all students allowing them to spend additional time with their families.
- Provides an opportunity for parents to work as co-teachers on “off” days.
- Offers college credit for grades 9 – 12.
- Encourages apprenticeships, volunteer opportunities, and extra-curricular activities within the college-simulated format.
Summer Writing Academy
Our instructors inspire students as they learn to communicate effectively through a specialized writing process. Children leave camp each day feeling more equipped and accomplished. Whether practicing to advance on a State administered test, writing for fun, or creating student essays for college and scholarship practice, we can help.
Our camp helps students think and plan clearly as they work toward producing several pieces of writing with success!
June 19 – 23
8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Register by May 30, 2017
Ages 12 and up
2849 Beltway South, Abilene, TX 79606
Come in casual dress