In this issue of Abilene Scene we’ve rounded up a list and map of all the existing #streetart murals in downtown Abilene. You can download a printable copy of said map here, but in the meantime check out the names of these beauties.
- Shay “Pono” Mac – “Colorful Bull”
- Patrick Messersmith – “Haunted Waters”
- 12th Armored Division Memorial Museum – Pedro Rivera – Refurbishing of Tank Mural “Annette”
- Calina Mishay Johnson – “Big Love in a Small Town”
- The Last Remains Antiques & Estate Sales – Stephanie Prosser
- Gloria’ s Grill – Emily Elliot, assisted by Stephanie Prosser – “Home”
- Habitat for Humanity Habitat Restore – Stephanie Prosser, assisted by Tim Prosser & Willie Herndon
- SoDA District Courtyard – Patrick Messersmith
- Thomas Everett’s – Rolando Diaz – “I See the Ocean”
- 3rd Street Printing – Sheila Kitts – “Live Free”
- Lone Star Electric – Students at the Grand Prairie Fine Arts Academy, assisted by Lena Rodriguez, Joaquin Soto and Stephanie Prosser
- The Arrangement – Calina Mishay Johnson – “Into the Sun,” corner of North Fourth Street & Walnut Street
- Calina Mishay Johnson – “Pray for Rosie” – North Second Street & Plum Street
- Calina Mishay Johnson – “Angel Selfie Wings” – North Third Street and Pine Street
- Precision Heating and Cooling – Calina Mishay Johnson – “Succulent Wall”
This took us 2 whole hours but we had a blast in the spring weather. If you plan on lingering at any location for extra selfie time, plan on spending at least 3 hours. But it’s a great weekend outing for those looking to spruce up their Instagram feed with a little color.
Follow Scene on Instagram and Twitter, @AbileneScene. Stay up to date on your local Abilene activities with our #EventsToBeScene series. Check out our #EventsToBeScene Calendar.